South Tyneside Integrated Care Limited was formed in 2014. The purpose of the company is to provide high quality health and social care services. This includes residential services and services across the community. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust.
Mission, Vision and Values
Our goal is to provide the highest standard of care for the elderly in South Tyneside, across the North East and beyond.
The dignity, welfare and happiness of the individuals we look after is our main priority. We will invest in our people and services to achieve the highest standards and work across the health and social care sector to look for improvements to the services.
We will be open and honest in everything we do.
We have applied 6 guiding principles to the design of our service model;
Integration and Cohesion - We will deliver a range of services providing easy transition in, out, and between these services as an individual’s care needs change.
Quality - We will deliver a high quality and long term care service with robust workforce, assurance and safeguarding arrangements.
Innovation - We will sponsor a culture of innovation. We will support the development and deployment of new service models and technologies that enhance service user outcomes, support carers and empower our workforce.
Transforming dementia care - We aim to transform dementia care in South Tyneside, delivering best practice in 2015 and beyond.
Inclusion and localism - We will use our local presence, insight and relationships to understand and review the needs of the local community. We will develop services that meet those needs and ensure that our activities and investments add value to the local community.
Evolution - We will deploy our best practice management approach to support the delivery of efficient and effective services. We will ensure that a culture of continuous improvement enables valuefor money, flexibility and service enhancement for the duration of the contract. This way the Hub can evolve with the changing needs of the community.
- We will excel in demonstrating empathy, respect and kindness
- We understand that every individual is unique and has different needs
- We will use our skills to deliver care which is personal to you
Communication• We will listen to you, ensuring that no decisions are made about you without you
- We will speak up for you, if we or you have any concerns about your care
- We will support our staff to try new ways of working to continuously improve your service
- We will always go the extra mile for service users, their families, carers and colleagues
- We will ensure all staff have relevant skills, knowledge and behaviour to deliver effective and safe care
- We will offer our staff opportunities to continuously develop
- We will ensure that carers and families receive information and advice about wider community support availability
- We will provide the best possible care available
- Our Board will compete to provide our unique services to people in other communities